Career Preparation equips high school students with a post-graduate tool kit. We focus on helping our graduates get jobs and/or go on to higher education and training. Our Career Preparation program helps students take their new skills into the marketplace. CFC schools are some of the only ones in the country that prepare students to learn the skills needed to work in growth fields in Cambodia and regionally. This program directly affects 3,160 students from 10th through 12th grades at our two high schools.
How do we do this?
- Curriculum on job fields, skills, applications, and interviews
- Assistance finding scholarships for higher education
- Internships: teaching assistants, pen pal program assistants, and some local business experience
- Career fairs with employers, higher education and training programs
- Speaker series featuring entrepreneurs, university students, prominent Cambodians and young Cambodians with diverse jobs and experiences
- Visits to universities, vocational programs, and businesses
- 100% of graduating students go on to employment, higher education and/or vocational training
- Acceptance to post-secondary schools such as the Royal University of Phnom Penh, Sala Bai Hotel & Restaurant School, the University of Cambodia in Phnom Penh, and more
- Student scholarships such as the Harpswell Program for emerging women leaders
- Alumni now return to CFC schools as speakers, mentors, supporters and now as teachers and staff
Goals for the Future
- CFC graduates employed in new growth fields: telecommunications, logistics, conservation and more
- Graduating students go on to higher education, training and jobs at a 75% higher rate or better
- A significant percentage of CFC graduates come back to mentor and inspire high school students