CFC’s supportive programs make it possible for children to attend school. According to a UNESCO study, almost a quarter of Cambodian students aged 7-14 are forced to leave school to work. Parents withdraw children from school in part because they cannot afford the cost of textbooks, transportation, uniforms, and school supplies.
CFC provides the necessary tools for children to successfully pursue education, including the most basic items: something to write with and something to wear!
How do we do this?
- Collection campaigns give direction on needed items and provide marketing materials for groups and individuals
- Monetary donations, Grants & Sponsorships let us purchase items in-country, building the local economy.
- Our Goods Donations Team located in Singapore sorts, packs, and organizes the transport of donations to Siem Reap.
- Program Managers in Siem Reap collaborate to distribute the goods where they are most needed.
- Increased enrollment and attendance, especially for junior high and high school students who have to travel distances
- Families can afford to send ALL of their children to school
- CFC communities increasingly recognize the value of education and are helping to purchase items where possible
- Improved focus in the classroom as necessary tools are available and within reach
- CFC Alumni groups provide some funding for school supplies
Goals for the Future
- Increased community support in Cambodia
- Sustainability of sponsorship and donations until the majority of the community can purchase items themselves